YOUR LINK TO EUROPE
|Entrant||OPTIMEDIA SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE|
|Type of Entry||Use of Media |
|Category||Best Use of Ambient Media: Large|
|Title||YOUR LINK TO EUROPE|
|Entrant Company:||OPTIMEDIA SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE|
|Media Agency:||OPTIMEDIA SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE|
Results and Effectiveness:
1. Ticket sales for flights to Europe increased by 64% year on year
2. Tickets sales to London alone increased by 34% year on year
(Source: Confidential Client YOY sales)
3. Route awareness of Emirates flying to Europe increased by 5% for (leisure), and 3% for (business) travellers.
(Source: Emirates Singapore Global Tracker Spring 2009 – Wave 3)
4. Positive feedback from Client
"The latest campaign creatively demonstrates how Emirates links travelers from Singapore to 22 destinations throughout Europe. It is unique, eye-catching..."
(Source: Mr Steven Chu, Country Manager, Singapore 1989 to June 2009)
The media strategy focused on RELEVANCE and IMPACT to
• Gain noticebility as the airline with the most extensive “link to Europe”
• Cement Emirates’s positioning as a global airline by being at the right location
• Focus on reaching (especially) the business traveller
• Resonate with brand image and creative
Media usage extended the creative platform – “Bridges of Europe”.
Suntec City – a premium Business Centre in the CBD; home to important conferences and business MNCs, was selected as the site for the execution.
The “London Tower Bridge” was recreated across two buildings, using boards and steel structures, to symbolically demonstrate Emirates' ability to link travellers between Singapore and Europe. Sited at a busy cross junction, visibility of the bridge was ensured.
LED boards within Suntec City were used to reinforce the messaging.
Island-wide bus-stop shelters also ensured campaign extension.
Insights, Strategy and the Idea:
Singapore is the hub for many travellers flying to Europe. While Emirates is recognised for flight routes to the Middle East, her “Links to Europe” are less well known. Only 49% of travellers are aware of Emirates European routes versus 83% for Singapore Airlines.
Amongst travellers, links to Europe are synonymous with Singapore Airlines and other European competitors. Emirates Airline is rarely top of mind with travellers considering flights to Europe.
We needed to break the domination of flight routes held by competitors and establish Emirates as a player in this space.
Communication needed to
1. Strengthen Emirates' positioning as a global airline in the same league as competitors
2. Increase Emirates' “top of mind” awareness for consideration for flights to Europe
3. Overcome the consumer’s lack of knowledge for Emirates' extensive network of European flight routes