CHINA NEONATAL RESUSCITATION PROGRAM
CHINA NEONATAL RESUSCITATION PROGRAM
|Entrant||LINKS - HEALTH, LIFE CARE & COMMUNICATION GROUP Beijing, CHINA|
|Type of Entry||Sectors & Services |
|Title||CHINA NEONATAL RESUSCITATION PROGRAM|
|Product/Service||NRP TRAINING |
|Entrant Company:||LINKS - HEALTH, LIFE CARE & COMMUNICATION GROUP Beijing, CHINA|
|PR/Advertising Agency:||LINKS - HEALTH, LIFE CARE & COMMUNICATION GROUP Beijing, CHINA|
||Johnson & Johnson Corportation Contribution
||China Project Representative
Describe the campaign/entry:
• Birth asphyxia is the leading cause of neonatal mortality and morbidity worldwide.
Around 10 million infants per year worldwide cannot breathe immediately at birth.
This dangerous condition can be largely avoided by a “neonatal resuscitation program,” a training program considered to be the “gold standard” by international professional communities.
• The NRP was launch in China in July 2004. Its over-arching objective is to reduce neonatal mortality and morbidity through ensuring that at least one person trained in these techniques is present at every hospital delivery.
In China, 90,000 infants have been kept from death and disability in the 322 hospitals where the project has been implemented.
• 2010 marked an important milestone for the NRP in China:
• Many achievements had been made over the past five years in training practitioners, encouraging skill improvements, and strictly enforcing policies & regulations.
• The program transitioned from “building” to “sustaining” so that more and more newborns can benefit in the years to come
• China’s NRP is a partnership among China’s Ministry of Health, the American Association of Pediatricians, Chinese medical and nursing societies and J&J. It reflects J&J’s “caring” value promoted through J&J’s “Small Act, Big Impact” initiatives.
Describe the brief from the client:
• To increase awareness and knowledge of NRP among key stake holders
• To educate families and parents about the issue of birth asphyxia
• To reinforce Johnson & Johnson’s “caring” image among target audiences
• Government officials
• Medical professionals: doctors, nurses and others working in obstetric and neonatal service
• International KOLs
• General public: parents, families
• J&J employees
A total of 63 news reports were received, comprising 31 print media, 2 television reports, 30 original Internet reports and 40 Internet reprints.
Reports totaled 118,458 Chinese characters, with an advertising value of RMB 956,555.
Media reach was 19,955,000 persons, a figure that would be increased if Internet views and reprints were included.
Of the 103 print and web media releases:
• 103 reports about Johnson & Johnson, accounting for 100%.
• 103 reports about NRP, accounting for 100%
• 103 reports about MOH, accounting for 100%
• 103 reports about CDC, accounting for 100%
• 89 reports about American Academy of Pediatrics, accounting for 86%
• 1st week to 4th week of June，Stage of Website Building & Content Preparation
• The 1st week of July to September 9th Continual Updates of Activity Information
•1st week of July to 1st week of September, Officials’ Statements (Ministry of Health, supporting institutes, Johnson & Johnson, Chinese & foreign)
• 1st Week of July to 1st week of September Online of chronology of NRP Memorabilia（Memorabilia＋Photo Collection－Continuous Online）
• The whole campaign run according to the original plan
Low awareness of NRP’s values among the general public
Media misunderstanding of the professional requirements of the NRP
J&J is committed to make life-changing, long-term differences in human health
• With the big influence of Expo, the project can be widely spread
• Utilize the influence of NRP’s authoritative experts, on-site demonstrations, Positive communication with media, Health Department officials.
• step-by-step implementation.
• Warm-up：Utilize the influence of J&J EXPO website, Feature stories, Video, J&J EXPO e-newsletter are the first wave to the general public.
• Press Conference Event：Visual displays, NRP achievements report, VIP interviews, Interaction with families are all the important information to onsite audience.
• Post-event Releases：Report of the press conference,report of 5-year celebration, media releases are the last wave to all primary & secondary target audience