The Rules and Eligibility
This guide is only a helpful summary of key information. It is not a substitute for reading the full entry rules, terms and conditions.
1. The entry has aired, launched or been released to the public for the first time between 1 December 2020 and 31 January 2022 (If only part of the campaign falls into this window, see Part A of the Rules for more information).
2. The entry has been created within the context of a normal paying contract and genuine brief from a brand OR, if it’s a case of self-promotion or a non-profit organisation, the brand has approved all of the media / production / implementation.
3. You have permission to enter this work from the commissioning brand/brand-owning company. We may request proof of this permission directly with the brand.
4. You have included the brand contact details in the entry including name, position and full contact details.
5. The entry has been submitted exactly as published / aired / released / launched.
6. The entry is not speculative or conceptual advertising, and has not been banned or withdrawn from airing.
7. A senior officer (CD, CEO or Chairperson) from your company has given permission for this work to be entered.
8. The entry was not entered to the same Spike last year. You may be able to enter the entry into an alternative Spike, provided it meets the relevant entry requirements, including the eligibility period requirements.
9. There is no reference to your company or any contributing creative companies in any digital or physical materials, except in the case of self-promotion.
10. The entry, and/or digital or physical materials can be understood in English. For further information click here.
11. You understand that, if you withdraw your entry after 9 December 2021, you will not receive a refund. Please see Part A of the Rules for more information on cancellations, refunds and withdrawals.
12. If new results are collected after the entry has been paid for, we will only accept additional written information in the results section of the entry form on or before 1 February 2022.
13. All media included in your entries must be the final version at the point that you complete and pay for them. No replacement or additional media can be accepted after an entry has been finalised and received by the Festival without exception.
14. By submitting an entry you confirm that you own all applicable legal rights for all media included in your entry.
15. Entries will be accepted on the basis that:
● They are designed specifically for and to run in the APAC* region and are created or produced by companies in the APAC* region
● They are designed specifically for and to run in the APAC* region and are created or produced by companies outside the APAC* region
● They are designed to run globally as long as they are created or produced by companies in the APAC* region.
*For the purpose of Spikes Asia, the APAC region is classed as the following locations: Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Chinese Taipei, Fiji, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Laos, Mainland China, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, The Philippines, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Union of Myanmar, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
If you’re unable to meet all the requirements on this list, your entry may be ineligible for Spikes Asia 2022. Failure to meet all of these requirements could see your entry being disqualified or withdrawn without a refund.
Is your work eligible for Spikes Asia 2022?
To ensure that work judged at Spikes Asia is fresh and reflective of the work that drives the industry forward it is important we structure the competition with eligibility dates. Where your work should be entered is dependent on: when and how the work was implemented, and the Spike being entered.
If you're not sure whether your work is eligible get in touch. We strongly recommend checking eligibility before you start to create your entry submissions (see info on refunds and withdrawals).
The key eligibility dates for Spikes Asia are 1 December 2020 - 31 January 2022.
For the following awards, the eligibility dates are 1 December 2020 - 31 January 2022. A minimum of 50% of the campaign implementation must have run within these dates.
Brand Experience & Activation
Glass: The Award for Change
Social & Influencer
For the following awards the eligibility dates are 1 December 2020 - 31 January 2022. All element(s) / executions being entered / judged must have been implemented for the first time within these dates.
Print & Publishing
Radio & Audio
For Strategy & Effectiveness Spikes the entry must have aired, launched or been released to the public for the first time during the period starting on 1 December 2018 and ending on 31 January 2022 to be eligible.
For Creative Effectiveness the entry must have won or been shortlisted at the Festival in 2018, 2019 or 2021 to be eligible.
Can I re-enter my work if I entered it in 2021?
The same piece of work cannot be submitted into the same Spike in consecutive years. However, providing the eligibility dates are met, you may enter the work into an alternative Spike.
We understand that some campaigns span several years, in these cases you will need to demonstrate a significant evolution in order to be considered.
The Festival has the right to decide if the work has evolved sufficiently and can be deemed as a new, eligible entry.
If you are unsure if your work is eligible for Spikes Asia 2022, please get in touch. We strongly recommend checking eligibility before you start to create your entry submissions.