Important dates for entering
Entries open: 11 May 2017
Entries deadline: 21 July 2017
Festival dates: 27 - 29 September 2017
Awards Ceremony: 29 September 2017
Release of Shortlists:
27-Sep-17 Shortlists online: Design, Direct, Entertainment, Film, Film Craft, Healthcare, Media, Outdoor, Print & Publishing, Print & Outdoor Craft, Promo & Activation, PR
28-Sep-17 Shortlists online: Digital, Digital Craft, Mobile, Radio
29-Sep-17 Shortlists online: Creative Effectiveness, Integrated, Music Awards Ceremony
30-Sep-17 Winners Online for all Spikes
Is your work eligible for Spikes Asia 2017?
To be eligible for all Spikes (except Creative Effectiveness) your work must have aired, launched or been released to the public for the first time between 1 July 2016 and 31 August 2017.
Eligibility for Creative Effectiveness only
To be eligible your work must have won or been shortlisted at Spikes Asia 2014, 2015 or 2016.
To ensure that work judged at Spikes Asia is fresh and reflective of the good ideas that drive the industry forward it is important we structure the competition with eligibility dates.
We understand that some campaigns span several years, in these cases you will need to demonstrate a significant evolution in order to be considered.
- The same piece of work cannot be submitted into the same Spike in consecutive years. However, providing the eligibility dates are met, you may enter the work into an alternative Spike Award.
- A minimum of two-thirds of the campaign implementation must fall within these dates.
- If you’re entering a campaign that has run over 2 or more years, you will need to provide proof of the campaign’s evolution from year to year. The Festival has the right to decide if the entry has evolved sufficiently and can be deemed as a new, eligible entry.
- If entering a ‘Campaign of Executions’ then the whole campaign must fall within the eligibility dates.
- If you are showcasing a continuation of a campaign that aired before the eligibility period then you must clearly show how the campaign has progressed.
Entry Fees in 2017
Fee until 21 July 2017
Fee after 21 July 2017
Print & Publishing
Promo & Activation
Please note, a late entry fee of SGD65 is applied to all entries submitted after 21 July 2017.
Please note that from January 2017 credit card transaction fees of Visa/MasterCard through Secure Trading are increasing as follows:
Credit card charges
This helpful summary is only a guide to the key points about refunds/cancellations. It is not a substitute for reading the full rules of entering, terms & conditions, refunds/cancellations and our policies on ineligible and "scam" entries, which will all be available for download shortly.
- Entrant withdraws before 21 July 2017 - receiving a refund
An entrant may withdraw their entries before 21 July 2017 for any reason and be eligible for a refund of the entry fee paid.
- Entrant withdraws after 21 July 2017 - not receiving a refund
An entrant may withdraw their entries after 21 July 2017 but will not be eligible for a refund.
1. All judging takes place in Singapore, the award winning entries will be selected by an international jury.
2. Shortlisted work and winners will be announced on www.spikes.asia.
3. Winners are announced at the relevant Festival award shows and will appear online.
4. The Entrant Company will be named alongside the winning work, at the awards show and will receive trophies and certificates, where appropriate.
5. Duplicate trophies can be purchased by other companies or individuals credited on the work, after the Festival.